In February 2018 the children in KS2 (along with children in our Stoke Six school group) will be taking part in Sign2sing. More details to follow. Click the link below to start learning the signs to the song and to learn about how being involved helps to fund projects that improve the lives of vulnerable deaf people.
Thank you year 4 for inviting me in to your classical music and dance lesson using the BBC 10 pieces Nutcracker live lesson. It was lovely to see you listening carefully to the orchestra as well as improving your ballet skills. I was also extremely impressed with how you used ideas from watching the Russian Dance to create and repeat your own motifs to the music.
Take a look yourself on the BBC 10 pieces website and listen to classical music being performed live by clicking on the link below.
The children at Reading Club this morning started to read a play script of Scrooge. When asked to infer how Scrooge felt about Christmas, George used his learning in Music to give evidence to support his view that Scrooge didn’t enjoy Christmas. Well done, George for making excellent links between lessons.
Yesterday the Nursery children had lots of fun learning the song 5 little ducks. We all sang the song together then made our very own ducks hats. The children tried hard to cut around the duck shape before some very careful colouring. Well done everyone, you are superstars!
On International Music Day the children have showcased their musical skills beautifully.
Get creative with classical music by following this link.
What a fantastic start to our Wednesday !
Well done Kiera
Another fantastic performance in two parts by our clarinets!
Well done girls 🌟🌟🌟
What a treat listening to the ukulele club. Lovely to see so many children learning an instrument at lunch time!
Click on the link and listen and watch the orchestra play.
1. Who was the Composer of this piece of music?
2. What was the whole collection of pieces called?
3. What is the difference between astrology and astronomy?
4.Which piece was The Winged Messenger?
5. What are the dynamics like at the beginning of this piece?
6. What is Tempo?
7. What changes when music goes from high to low?
8. How does this music reflect War?
5. How do the dyna
Click on the link above and watch and listen to the orchestra.
Who can be the first to Mrs Brian with 10 answers!
1. What was this piece of music called?
2. Who was the composer?
3. Which instruments were playing first?
4. What were the DYNAMICS like to begin with?
5 How did the DYNAMICS change?
6. What is TEMPO?
7. How did the music change as it built up?
8. What is happening when the TEXTURE of the music gets ‘thicker’?
9. What patterns did you notice throughout the music?
10. Where have you heard this piece before?